Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Time Flies

In the past week I finished up the last of my assignments, realised I graduated one year ago, and, because of those two things, have had a huge nostalgia bomb blow up in my face.
For the last couple of days I have stalked through my old pictures and my friend's old pictures from our graduation. It's not that I have regrets or would even like to travel back and relive that time, it's more that I cannot believe how far my friends and I have come and the sentiment I miss of being together. 

Attempting to study in the back garden
One year later, half my friends are living in different countries all over the world, some are publishing books, others have become entrepreneurs and started their own companies, and some have even started a new life with their loved one. I handed in my last assignment for my Master's course, and now I have three months to write a dissertation before I have my degree. We have all gone in separate directions and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

Luckily technology is a godsend to make it easier to keep in touch. I relish the occasional messages I get, and the Skype sessions that I've had so far. 

Anyway enough of the soppy stuff and down to business!

Since I was completing assignments I didn't do much for the sake of adventuring. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately so I've just been spending any minutes I can spare in the sunshine. I also realised how strong the Irish sun can be and proceeded to get a sunburn just from an hour and a half of exposure. God, I love aloe vera.

When the weather started to warm up back home, my mother would always go into overdrive cooking and cleaning... and I'm learning I'm the same way. I've made so many different summer salads over the past days, plus I baked banana bread, and I still have the urge to keep cooking. Below I have pictured a Mediterranean couscous salad, a Vietnamese Vermicelli salad, and a banana nut loaf. You can find out more about the recipes on my Instagram page.

   

This past Saturday was Eurovision, hence I'm posting this on Tuesday. For those of you that don't know, Eurovision is a song contest in which countries send one act to compete and hopefully take home the main prize. This was my first time not seeing the acts beforehand, but I'm glad I put my faith in Australia- yes they are one of the few countries outside of Europe that compete.

My roommates were off in Romania so I had the house to myself and I volunteered to host the viewing party. Lisa and I decided to make it into a cocktail night so we bought a few ingredients and snacks, and I generally and a good time. It was a small crowd and this year's Eurovision was definitely my favourite so far.

Until next time!
xx kim




..................................................................
I don't have a song of the week, but I have been listening to a lot of 
 SING, SING, SING Postmodern Jukebox YouTube Channel
  

1 comment: