Sunday, 17 July 2016

Top Ten Experiences in Ireland So Far

As it’s summer now, I took an unexpected break. To be fair it was refreshing not having to worry about a post a week, but I did miss the schedule of it all.
I’ve officially been here ten months, wohoo!
That means I have lived in Dublin longer than anywhere else in the past five years.


Here are my top 10 photos that I’ve taken in the past 10 months. I’ve selected a mixture of travel destinations and just pictures of great memories.


The Beginning

After nearly 8 years I finally returned to this gem of an Isle. This was the first picture I took of Ireland from the plane heading down to Dublin airport.



A Halloween Like No Other
Did you know that Halloween actually originated in Ireland? Neither did I until this past year.



Howth
This side of Dublin Bay has become one of my most frequented travel spots and I plan to go back to this place right outside of city centre. It's a quaint town that's right on the water, and, on the weekends, there is a great market there filled with delicious treats.




The Cliffs of Moher
This is seriously one of the most breath taking scenes I have ever visited. I'd love to go back out west and complete the entire cliff walk someday.




The Festive Season
With all of its small alleyways and narrow streets, Dublin was ripe with opportunities to decorate for the holidays. I loved just going out at night and walking aimlessly around.




Paddy's Day
No it's not St. Paddy's, or is it ever really called St. Patrick's Day. I spent my time watching the parade with my friend Steph from Australia- I hadn't seen her in nearly two years. A lovely member of the garda- policemen- took this photo of us and everyone around was buzzed with happiness.... and maybe a bit too much of alcohol, but who am I to talk.




The Giant's Causeway
I loved learning about the formation myth of this landmark, and I highly recommend going there and taking a tour of it. 




Pentatonix
After years of watching them come together as a group on The Sing Off and then all their youtube videos, I finally was able to see them live in Dublin. If you ever get a chance to see PTX live I would recommend going. They sounded amazing, if not better, live than on their records.



Dublin Zoo
Even though it's summertime and many of my friends have gone home, we were still able to plan a day trip to the zoo. Although I can't say it compared to the zoo in Dubbo, Australia or the Tarangire in Tanzania, I thoroughly enjoyed my day. I especially loved that the peacocks were allowed to roam freely all over the zoo grounds, plus good company always makes for an amazing day no matter what.



Home
After living here for 10 months I can confidently say that I am feeling Ireland is home. I really can;t describe what drew me here, but now that I am, I really do not want to leave. I've made some incredible friends here and I can only hope to make more and gain more fond memories.


xxKim

--------------------------------------

Normally I would put a music recommendation here but I've been listening to such a variety that I can't choose.
-Olly Murs: just feel good music, especially his earlier material
-Fleetwood Mac: I was never a huge fan, but they have some great summer tunes
-DNCE: I can't stop listening to Cake by the Ocean
-The Beatles: summer becomes my time where I put on the White Album or 1 over and over again.






No comments:

Post a Comment