Well it’s been a month.
To be completely
honest I consciously made the decision to take a month off of blogging to
concentrate on the end of term assignments. I didn’t want to keep making the
excuses of having nothing to talk about because of work, so I decided
to take a step back for a bit… but now I’m back with a vengeance and since
summer is nearly upon us, I’m gearing up for some more adventures!
![]() |
| Gorgeous sunset from the back garden. |
To catch up on
the last month- yes Mother and Father I am finally filling you in- I wrote a full short
film script, completed multiple presentations, hung out with friends and
watched Game of Thrones, pigged out on Romanian Easter treats, and got mild
pneumonia.
Let’s go back to
where I left off.
The beginning of April, Easter Sunday to be exact.
After a lovely
weekend filled with Easter activities it was back to work once Tuesday came
rolling around. On the weekend though I was able, yet again, to meet up with
one of my friends from Australia. When I left there I thought I wouldn’t get to
see these people for five years, and yet I’ve already had so many reunions and
so many more to come! Hannah and I only had a short time to catch up so we just
walked around Dublin and talked about the past year and a half. Luckily it was
a beautiful day and it was good to be out and about just walking around.
![]() |
| Hannah being a cutie. |
I have to
mention the weather before moving on because it has been so mixed as of late.
Now I come from New England, a region in the USA where it’s not abnormal to
experience four different seasons in one day. However, in Dublin you can
experience a season from one hour to the next! During the last weeks of April I
swear there was this one stretch of five days when it hailed every single day. You always have to be prepared around here, BUT May has brought out some
incredibly sunny days and I’m finally starting to get in the mood
for summer.
Not only did
April 21st mark the date of my best friend’s birthday, but it also
was my last day of lectures… possibly the last in my life.
When I finished
my baccalaureate I didn’t feel as though it was all ending since I knew I was
going to get my masters, and yet now that I know my education is finally coming
to a close, my mind doesn’t quite know how to processes it. Don’t get me
wrong, I have two assignments due next week and I still have to write my
dissertation over the summer, but the end is tangible and I can’t yet tell
whether it’s foreboding or exciting. All I know is that it’s coming and I
should take it in stride.
![]() |
| My friends Cormuck, Kieran, and JC |
The end of April
came and just as I was getting excited to travel to Edinburgh to visit Steph
and Chris before my final study period started. I had spent the last week hanging out with friends, and just generally enjoying the last week of classes, however it went downhill quickly.
I got sick.
At first I brushed
it off as nothing more than a common cold- something that I could easily handle
while traveling. Boy was I was wrong.
I went to the doctor’s before my flight on Thursday for a follow up and
unfortunately my results came back with mild pneumonia. This meant no Edinburgh
for me.
I had been
looking forward to this for months and now I had to cancel at the last minute.
Not only was this going to be the last opportunity to see Steph before she
heads back to Australia, but it was going to be my first time back in Scotland for nearly 9 years! My parents told me to chin up though, and I like to believe
everything happens for a reason.
Before I end the
update here, I want to make a shoutout to my Grandmother for her 88th
Birthday and also to my Mom for Mother’s day.
Love you both to
the moon and back!
I guess that’s
all for now so see ya next week!
xx Kim
-----------------------------
Song: Ain't No Sunshine
Artist: Bill Withers




No comments:
Post a Comment