Saturday, 2 April 2016

Easter Rising Centenary Event

I wish I elaborate on more amazing adventures, but honestly my life has been pretty mundane over the course of the past week. Not that mundane is bad in any way, shape, or form, but just in that I haven’t done much.


Between all the work that I was doing I managed to sneak out and join the Easter festivities in town. This year it was the 100th Anniversary of the Easter Rising in Ireland so there was a three-day celebration honoring the events that happened a century past.


 At Trinity I was able to hear some live music from the Trinitones- the all male student society singers which gave me major yearning to be back at Wheaton College hearing the Gentlemen Callers again. And then I was lucky enough to hear the Trinity College Céilí Band playing some trad- traditional Irish music- before hearing the 1916 Proclamation read in both English and Irish.

Photo courtesy of The Irish Times
There’s still so much about Ireland that I have yet to discover. Not only is this the place I know live, but I have rich family history in this country so I really should open a book and to start to learn about my past.




Saturday night I went to a friends 22 Birthday and once again managed to stay up well into Easter Sunday. My sleep patterns are really suffering.

On Tuesday I went to Lisa’s to hang out and also get her old bike! So excited to be riding once again!


Other than that I was very ill on Thursday and Friday- symptoms including lightheadedness and a fever, yet somehow managed to get quite a bit of work done.

Here’s hoping that I’ll be able to get out more next week!

Xx kim

------------------------------------
Throwback time
Hootie & The Blowfish




No comments:

Post a Comment