Over the past two weeks I've had my share of adventures, reunions, and just plain amazing times with both new and old friends.
Let's start out two weeks ago. On the Thursday before Paddy's Day, Maxi and Jana arrived from Germany and we had a reunion party to celebrate their return. We had some pre-drinks at a friend's and it was so good to talk with them face-to-face instead of in text or over a computer screen. By the end of the night it felt as if they never left.
Sunday we went into Howth and I finally got to experience the markets there. The pier was so foggy and you couldn't really make out anything but it the photos came out nice.
Sunday we went into Howth and I finally got to experience the markets there. The pier was so foggy and you couldn't really make out anything but it the photos came out nice.
![]() |
| Looking across the pier- no editing, just pure fog. |
![]() |
| Maxi, Jana, Emma, and I |
![]() |
| The foggy Howth Pier |
The next few days were generally relaxing and I had to say goodbye to my Germans again but also hello to my Aussie. Steph and I hadn't seen each other for a year and a half and Tuesday was spent catching up. Wednesday we had a mission to get suited up for Paddy's day- yes, we went full tourist but it was fun.
![]() |
| Steph and I waiting for the parade to start. |
Since we were out late Paddy's Eve, Steph and I didn't get into town until late but we still managed to get a spot for the parade. The theme this year was 'the future' and some of the floats edged on an open ended interpretation. It started almost an hour late, but the wait was worth it. The marching bands were definitely the highlight! For being the largest outside of NYC, I was not disappointed.
So. Much. Green.
Friday and Saturday were Belfast and traveling around northern Ireland. There was definitely an influx of Americans everywhere and it felt strange being surrounded my my native tongue once again. Steph and I went on a tour of the north coast and saw sights such as the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge- if you're scared of heights I do not recommend!- and the geological landmark of Giant's Causeway. I never knew the full myth of how Giant's Causeway came to be formed, but learning it definitely put a smile on my face. Let's just say if involves hubris, pranks, and a onesie.
![]() |
| The view on Carrick-a-Rede. |
![]() |
| Tourists flocking over Giant's Causeway. |
![]() |
| Yes, you can climb to the top of the rather steep hills. |
The sights were amazing as always- Ireland hasn't disappointed yet!- but Belfast itself wasn't quite what I was expecting. Its kind of hard to explain, but I'll have to go back and really explore the city.
Uni started back up on Monday and the reality of how much work I have to do is finally starting to set in. It's a bank holiday Monday so I'm determined to get as much as possible done this weekend.
Happy Easter!
Happy Easter!
Psyched to go back to Edinburgh at the end of April and I cannot wait to reunite with Chris and Steph again.
Let's just pray I survive the next month.
Xx kim
.................................
Song of the week
Panic! At the Disco- Death of a Bachelor








No comments:
Post a Comment