Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Thrifts, Theatre and Transformations

I have been delaying writing this post for a while, not because I have nothing to say- quite the opposite in fact- but I just haven't felt the motivation to write.

However, a change was in order.

I was going to wait until the summer to redesign my blog, but than I realised how ridiculous that was and that there was nothing stopping me so..... Welcome to Leap of Faith 2.0.

It's a little brighter, and, in my opinion more clean cut.

Shameless self promotion.
I've also included some badges to the left in desktop view so you can follow me on twitter and instagram. I must warn you twitter is mostly inactive besides music events, and instagram is food, landscape, and things I think look aesthetically pleasing.

And now onto the good stuff.
It's been a while, eh?

My illness was not the worst I've had, but it definitely hit me hard. Thursday and Friday were blurs and, by some miracle, I made a recovery just in time for my busy weekend.

Kilo Sale at the Raddison Blue Hotel
On Saturday Lisa, Leni, and I bought tickets to attend Tola's Vintage Kilo Sale. I realised after that there were quite a few kilo sales on and they are quite a cool concept that I have never heard before.

After purchasing a ticket we were lead into a ballroom full of racks of second hand clothing, jewellery, bags, and other miscellaneous things. After choosing your items you would get them weighed and pay the assigned price. I was able to find a big bomber jacket and sweater for €16. We then went to Queen of Tarts afterwards and enjoyed our spoils. I also bought a cheeky sketchpad and pencils because I left mine all in the States.

Sunday I attended a play festival with Emma, Aoife, and Alan to support our friend Rory. The plays were in the Smock Alley Theatre and I was hit with a huge wave of nostalgia as the productions reminded me if the 10 Minute Play Festival held at the end of the year at my undergrad college.

The week following passed by in a rush of classes and assignments. I was able to take a quick break to see Triple Nine- I'm still confused as why there had to be black Russian Jews? I mean I guess it was alright.....

Wednesday I tagged along to Lisa's Game Society meeting since it was board game night and I genuinely had a great time. It was nice to socialise with new people and forget about school for a bit.

My back garden in a blanket of white.
Friday I woke up to the beautiful sight of snow! Yes, I thought spring had sprung, but seeing snow made me feel home- it also kind of made me crave maple syrup and other New England things but I digress.

That night I returned to the scene of New Year's Eve for yet another house party. It was much more low key, but so much fun nonetheless. I was also able to actually talk to those I met New Year's without worrying if they'd remember talking with me or not! I may have made people stay up far too late again but oh well.

Xx kim


This is the last week before reading week and Paddy's Day so I have a lot to get done before Jana, Maxi and Steph arrive.

It's going to be a busy two weeks!



New section! 
.........................................................

Song of the week: 



No comments:

Post a Comment