Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Old Friend, New Adventures

Yes there was no entry last week, however I’m not going to apologize.
The sole purpose for this blog is for me to share my adventures with friends, family, and whoever may want to read it.

But, above all, it’s for me to write down and remember my experiences.

In the past week and a half I’ve done more than my part of socializing; both hanging out with friends and strangers, and finally doing touristy stuff all around Dublin.

My friend Allie- who is from Canada but we met in Australia- stayed with me from Sunday to early Thursday. I hadn’t seen her in almost 18 months and it was a much-needed reunion.

She has been living my dream of backpacking across Europe but I am so glad that she decided to jump the water across to Ireland. She made me realize how much I miss Australia, but also how little sightseeing I’ve actually done since arriving in Dublin nearly three months ago.

I can navigate around Dublin.

Honestly, it’s not that difficult.
Allie and I below some of the lights on Henry St.

I hadn't gone to visit one of the many free museums, and had yet to take a night to explore the amazing lights that Dublin has to offer during this festive season. Allie also kept reminding me to take pictures- which I’m sure my family will be happy to see.

We went to three museums on Tuesday alone and we even got to take a tour of The Irish Sun news office- but that’s another story.

Over the past few days my life has been manic. As part of one of my courses, we had to join a group and start a social media campaign. I was assigned a campaign about craft beer, one of the luckiest chances in uni so far. Through this group I traveled to Galway, made many a new friends, and have come to a better understanding about what craft beer and cider actually stands is. If you want to check out what I’ve been into in that respect here is our Facebook page, it was such a neat assignment: OurLocalBrew


What has taken the most time in regards to the campaign is the video editing. I’ve done a fair share of filmmaking when I was younger so I jumped at the chance to film some interviews with people in the industry. One thing I forgot to remember is how time consuming editing a video can take. Having to put up two videos in the last two days, I spent probably seven or eight hours staring at my computer screen and doing not much else.

I’m glad the way everything turned out and you can check out my videos here: 


Other than that school is winding down- although I should really say up with all the assignments looming in the future.


Ireland is finally starting to feel like home in the sense that I have a solid core group of friends that I can rely on. Although it’s only been three months, it feels like so much longer and I love it.
.......
Also, it has been extremely stormy here. The wind has been incredible and it even hailed a bit last Sunday. Shout out to Teresa Mannion of RTE for breaking the internet when she reported on storm Desmond in Galway.

No comments:

Post a Comment