Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Happy Thanksgiving... And Christmas

Remember how I said all of my coursework was looming in the shadows? Well it came onto me like a ton of bricks.

No entry last week- obviously- due to the sheer amount of pressure this one assignment was causing me. However, that’s over and I can take a breather until the next one.

Christmas.

Christmas lights at the GPO.
http://bewleyshotels.blogspot.ie/2014/09/the-magic-of-christmas-in-dublin.html
It’s starting to be an acceptable time for me to start singing Christmas carols and start my Christmas shopping. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and though I haven’t celebrated with a real turkey for over 8 years, it’s that fact that I won’t be able to spend time with my friends and family that I am missing.

Also, pie. I love pumpkin pie.

Festivities are just around the corner and all the beautiful lights are up in Dublin and the Christmas markets are about to open and I’m actually getting a little bit excited for the holidays.

The reason why there aren’t going to be many of my photos in this- or next week’s blog- is that I lost my phone and it will take a while to replace it. Yes, I have a camera and I will try and bring that around more but it’s just not the same.

Amazing picture featured in the Irish Times
http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2000023.1415906311!/image/image.jpg
And to anyone that is wondering, I lost it in a taxi.

And, yes, it was an excellent night.










…….

In other news here’s a shout out to my favorite non-Uncles Paul and Al who got married after 3 decades together! I wish I could be there to give you a big hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment