Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Halloween Escapades

Jana and I in costume.

I’m going to ignore the majority of the week and focus upon one day, one particular holiday that is…

HALLOWEEN!

This holiday has always been such a fun time in the past and I was excited to see how Dublin would handle it. I was especially excited this year since my friend and I were dressing up as Thing 1 and Thing 2- birthday twins for the win! We even had the Dr. Seuss poem to read out if people didn’t know who we were. The costumes were homemade so they didn’t last very long, but we had fun and that’s all that matters- plus they were cheap, gotta love saving some money.


I co-hosted a Halloween party with my friend and there were both old and new faces that attended. Everyone was dressed to the nines in their best Halloween gear. I have a brief background of fx makeup so I helped out a few people that night, and I’m pretty happy with most of it- Sorry Diego!

There were about twenty of us that decided to venture into town, and we had to rush from Diego’s flat to catch a bus into town. A journey that would normally take less than half an hour turned into a ride of over an hour.
A blurry picture to try and illustrate just how bus city centre was on Halloween.


Once we arrived at O’Connell, the bus could barely move since there were so many people. Queues for clubs were around the corner and down the next street! I never thought that Halloween would be such a big event here. There were some very creative costumes out there, and I can’t imagine how much time some people put into their outfits.

Not only were all the girls dressed up, but quite a few of the boys went all out as well. I thought that the States knew how to do Halloween but I am absolutely blown away by Dublin that night.


Well done Dublin. Well done.


Some of the gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment