Wednesday, 3 February 2016

In Crashes February

To say the past two weeks were turbulent would be a huge understatement.
You know those moments when something unexpected hits you in the face, well multiply that by one hundred and maybe you’ll be able somewhat imagine how I feel.

University has reconvened once again, so last week was spent traveling and spending as much time as possible with new and old friends.

Dream cars <3
 On Monday I went to the bar on campus and played some pool- the Irish rules are quite different than back home. Even though I hadn’t played since I was probably ten, I still managed to pocket a few balls over the course of the night. Definitely no expert by any means, but with some practice who knows!

I spent Tuesday wandering Clontarf, but the wind was so breezy that I didn’t stay long. Spring has sprung here in Dublin and there are daffodils blossoming all over the county. Also I had to take a picture of these two old cars spotted while on my walk- for you to enjoy father, maybe one day we'll restore the bug!



Howth Harbour
On Wednesday Lisa and I finally made in out to Howth with a couple of friends. Once again we just walked around and took in the sight of the harbour. If you ever want good fish and chips, definitely come here sense there seemed to be a shop on every corner. We walked up this little hill just in time to spot a giant rainbow- double rainbow actually. The colours were so vivid and stunning that it made up for the wind and the rain we suffered.



By the time we walked back to the harbour, we all wanted something warm to drink and ended up in The Dog House. We spent almost two hours in the place drinking different kinds of teas and sweets. I want to go back just for this place alone.


Before taking the Dart- train- back into the city, we stopped by the Bloody Stream since my friend recommended it. Cheers, Liam!



Back in city centre I ended up going to a comedy club in the International Bar. Some of the acts were fantastic, but I definitely have to praise the MC, he was great- even though he may have called me a baby. I look young, I get it. Everything was in good fun though and you should go there if you want to have a laugh, plus at the end of the show you can make your way downstairs for a pint or two.

And then I slept for two days…

The Dog House
Not really, but I was surely lacking quite a few hours by Friday.

Lisa had a couple of friends over for Japanese curry- it was delicious thanks Lisa and Leni!- and then a few of us went out to celebrate our last Friday before university.

On Sunday Lisa and I went out to town to try and find another housemate. Yep. Due to circumstances I’m going to withhold, Lisa and I are frantically looking for a new place to live. Hopefully by next blog I’ll be settled into a new home...hopefully...

Anyway, Sunday.

We treated ourselves to Coco Bó while meeting up with a possible flatmate. We all clicked right away and stayed in town finding places to live and generally trying to get to know one another.

Monday was straight back into university- had to spend 10 hours straight there… but I hope that is going to change. It was so good to be back surrounded by people again, and also to be on a schedule.

Well this was longer than expected, so until next time!

Xx kim

No comments:

Post a Comment