I’ve learned a long time ago that resolutions do not have to
be made on the start of the New Year. What is so special about this particular
day? For me it’s always been a halfway point rather than a new beginning-
school and whatnot. Furthermore, if I am making any resolutions, I always make
sure to make them realistic.
In the past I have done:
- · Make new friends and keep better contact with the old
- · Graduate
- · Smile or laugh everyday
- · Take time for myself
![]() |
| New Year's Eve Crew |
·
Although I have had varying success, for the most part I am
happy with what I accomplished. This year I want to take more photos- I
apologize in advance to all my friends- and I would like to get my MA.
This year I got to spend it with new friends, and am excited
to see what 2016 will hold.
Now that that’s out of the way, it is time to backtrack.
![]() |
| The beginning of the feast. |
Christmas Eve was spent making my very first mince pies- as
Chris’ mother said, “rustic but delicious”- and trying to do some last minute
shopping. We ended up going out to spoons for the night where I got to met all
of his old secondary friends and they were all so lovely. We stayed out in town
way longer than intended and I hate to admit I was a little hungover from the
night before- although not as bad as Chris ;)
Christmas day was spent doing absolutely nothing besides
enjoying family time and watching Love Actually, and the Queen’s speech. At the
end of the night the entire family ended up playing a few games and it was all
just so relaxing.
For Boxing Day, Chris, his brother Michael, and myself
decided to go ice skating while their parents braved the crowds to take
advantage of sales. Being from a place ice skating is second nature, I was
surprised at how rusty I was at it. And boy, what a difference it makes to have
your own skates. I asked at the counter how often they sharpened them and was
appalled that the answer was every two weeks!
![]() |
| Rushmere Country Park |
The next day was my Birthday and I was surprised upon
receiving more gifts from Chris and his family. We went out for a walk a nature
park and then I went out to dinner with Michael, Chris, and Sara- a girl whom I
met Christmas Eve. A few of Michael’s friends showed up later on and treated us
with a few jäger bombs. I went home at a decent time and had a wonderful night
sleep.
Monday was my last day in England and the entire family and
myself went for a long, but rather enjoyable, walk around the Tring reservoirs which showcased the incredible English countryside. I was
able to see some canal boats and a few swans before I packed up and flew back
to Ireland.
![]() |
| Bulbourne |
![]() |
| Tring Reservoir. |
It was a strange sensation stepping back on Irish ground.
I felt as if I was coming home, and as I opened my door to
my apartment I felt like I could breath and relax again.
I am so lucky to be where I am, and maybe this year’s
resolution should be to try and cherish every moment I am here.
Xx kim
PS
I would also like to dedicate this entry to the man that nicknamed me "the blueberry-eyed baby." You were such a big part of my life and graced this earth for the past nine decades with smiles and perseverance. I'm glad you are no longer in pain
<3






No comments:
Post a Comment