While my parents might have the impression that my diet
consists of pints and good times, over the past 4 months I have had the chance to
explore some of the fine cuisine that Dublin has to offer.
As a vegetarian going on 9 years, there was little chance I
was going to break my lifestyle when I moved. The last time I visited Ireland,
I remember my very first dinner consisting of lamb, so sadly I ate potatoes
and everyone’s leftover brussel sprouts. Appetising, I know. However, I knew
that this time around would be far more promising.
Whilst I don’t really approve so many people suddenly deciding to go on the
vegetarian or vegan ‘diet’ because they want to try out the 'fad,' I am loving the benefits of this big trend. Pretty
much every restaurant now serves some type of vegetarian or vegan options, and
there are quite a few that are vegan only.
Here is a list of some of my favourite spots so far:
Cornucopia
Cornucopia is one of the best places for a quick vegan meal.
The food is served a la carte- I definitely recommend the soup- and everything
is made fresh with a constantly rotating menu. The friendly service is also a bonus.
Wok In/Boojum
If you want a cheap meal I would suggest Wok In or Boojum.
Both of these are conveniently located right next to each other and have great
student deals for Thai cuisine and Mexican.
Boojum is like Ireland’s version of Chipotle, but if you’re
vegetarian no worries.
The guac DOES NOT cost extra.
Better get there early though, the queues get pretty long.
If you want to spoil yourself with farm friendly dishes made
with local, organic, ingredients Staple Foods is definitely the place for you.
I had the superfood salad and was craving it everyday for the next week.
Everything is just so delicious.
Firepit
Firepit in Dublin’s Village District is a newly opened
barbecue restaurant serving delicious grilled meats with spicy sauces, but don't let that fool you. Vegetarians are warmly welcomed here.
This place can be summed up in three words: Affordable. Halal. Delectable.
Be warned though! This is not a restaurant for a large
party!
A few honourable mentions are Brother Hubbard, Pablo Picante, and then Against the Grain and The Bleeding Horse for some great pub grub.
The longer I live here the more I’ll explore the food
available. Now all this talk of food is making me hungry, so I’m off to make
dinner!
Until next time.
Xx kim
.......
Queen of Tarts
Also I have to make a shout to Queen of Tarts for satisfying my cravings for sweets every once in a while! I definitely recommend the scone and apple crumble.





No comments:
Post a Comment