Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Craft Beer Festival

Today has been an eventful day to say the least.

It was the first time- since I’ve started to attended uni- that I was late to a lecture. This might not seem like a big deal, but I promised myself I would put 100% into my school work and the worst part is I just spaced out. I genuinely believed that my lecture was at 4 instead of 3. I guess it has to happen to everyone once- or at least that is what I am telling myself.

After class I had choir and then sound check because- surprise!- we were doing back up for a gig at uni. For learning the song today and then performing it, the 7 who actually sang did a half decent job. The worst part was that it was a black tie event and I didn't know, nor did I have time to go home and change. While everyone was wearing beautiful black dresses, I wore jeans... at least I had a black shirt on.

Dún Laoghaire in all its glory.
Now time to backtrack to the weekend.

On Sunday I went to a craft beer festival in Dún Laoghaire with two of my friends. The train ride there was beautiful and it was nice to get out of the city. The festival turned out to be a giant pub crawl and at the end of the 6 pubs we received a giant glass stein and a t-shirt. I was able to listen to trad music for the first time since coming to Ireland, and I loved it. The music was a little loud, but everyone in the pub enjoyed it and would sometimes even sing along. It was a quiet night and I’m glad I was able to bond and try some Irish craft beer.

Our very first stop: a porter, IPA, and a beer from acorns. @Forty Foot Pub.

A lovely description of a red are we tried @Whiskey Fair

@Gilbert and Wright's with my winnings and my local friend who joined us

Me and my birthday twin parading our t-shirts from the festival


Uni work is finally starting to creep up on me so I’m going to cut off this post here.

Things are back to normal now, so you don’t have to worry about any posts like the previous. I’m saying ‘yes’ to more and more things and I’m definitely starting to feel busy all the time. It’s not a bad thing though, I’d rather be busy than just sitting around!

……..

Also, this cat greeted me on my very first day here and we’ve bonded over time.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time "Pub Crawling". As being late for a lecture...it's a human factor...just once is okay! Love you...OX's

    ReplyDelete