Yes, yes, I uploaded this on a Thursday and not a Wednesday
but it was completely worth it since I had a mixer last night to attend.
As I scroll down my feed on Facebook I’m bombarded with
photos and status updates that all have something to do with the changing
seasons. Now I haven’t felt homesick- I usually don’t honestly- but something
about all the gorgeous colors of the maple, oak and birch trees struck a chord
with me. After one particular post, I thought I should look around Dublin for
some wonderful colors. I know that the temperature is getting cooler and the
leaves are changing, but I never really looked at what was right in front of me. I can happily walk around and hear the crunch of fallen
leaves underneath my footsteps.
I love autumn, I truly do.
Classes have officially commenced, and everything seems to be
falling into place. For a person that officially decided to go to an Irish uni a little over two
months ago, I’m pleasantly surprised that everything is working out. However, I
need to have more spontaneity in my life so I don’t get stuck in a routine.
That is honestly one of my greatest fears. Doing the same things day in and day out, not
meeting new people, and just generally getting stuck in a rut. I really have to
put in more effort in that aspect of my life.
Though I live about half an hour from City Centre, I haven’t
done much exploring. For the past couple of weeks I have not been able to
really take advantage of all that Dublin can offer. I blame this on the endless
sorting of financial paperwork, buying living necessities, and trying out the many clubs and societies that my Uni has to offer. Now that I have a Uni
routine for the most part, I know when I have free time and I’m excited to
start utilizing it!
Look forward to next week’s blog because I have a lot of
Dublin adventures planned!
………
Besides the fact that there are over 100 clubs and societies to
choose from, all of them seem to be quite serious and ‘official.’ Many have
outside sponsors, which really surprises me since my college back home had nothing to this scale. Join a club or soc and there are
perks besides making new friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment