As with every new house, there are bound
to be problems.
Although Rob, Lisa and I have encountered
more than our fair share of little ‘bumps,’ I can safely say our house is slowly
turning into a home.
On the weekend we did throw a
housewarming party to celebrate all of us finally moving in, and it went off
without a hitch…. For the most part. Monday was mostly dissertation work and
it’s finally hitting me how close I am to having to submit my thesis. I have no
idea where this summer has gone and I’m scared how quick August is going to
move along.
On Tuesday I went to see Finding Dory and
it didn’t disappoint! Pixar delivered another winner, and the sequal lived up
to all the hype around it. Plus the short shown in front of the film was cute
and entertaining as always, it may even move into my top five Pixar shorts. I may have even enjoyed Finding Dory more than
Finding Nemo… but you can’t have Dory without Nemo.
Wednesday jump-started my want to cook
and bake more so I made shepherd’s pie for Rob, Cormac and Joey- Lisa is back
in Germany for the week. It wasn’t my best but the boys were happy and had no
complaints. It was a simple, no-fuss recipe: the base was made of vegetarian
mince, onions, carrot, spinach, peppers, peas, mushrooms, and then topped with homemade gravy, potatoes and a little bit of cheese.
Thursday was another movie night and then
Friday was pizza night! We went and bought ingredients and even made our own
crust. Deliciousness all around.
Saturday my friend Leo and I went into city centre for the Dublin Rock n’ Roll festival. We saw a fashion show and then stayed for some live music by the Louisiana Six- there was such a sexy red double bass, I think I drooled a little. It's been a while since I listened to live music and the rock band was solid.
Good weather, good company, and just an all around fantastic day.
A few friends stayed round Saturday night
and then we made a feast of pancakes the next morning. I mean we all had seven
or eight each, I was more than a little comatose for the next couple hours.
And here we are now. So much research and
writing over the next three weeks and more than a few breakdowns.
xxkim
xxkim
---------------------------------------
Lots of Koala Kontrol this week.
My favourite has been Wander | A Chill Mix





No comments:
Post a Comment