There are so many things I want to write about: food,
people, transportation, weather- I swear these are way more interesting than
they sound- but the blog post would turn into a book. So I’m going to try and
limit myself to weather and people this week.
![]() |
| River Liffey and those hovering clouds. |
I honestly thought Dublin would be shrouded in mist the
majority of time, however the weather has been wonderful the past week. Of
course the only time it rained was when I tried walking home from Uni and then
missed the bus and was forced to wait an additional 15 minutes for another bus… but I digress.
There always seems to be a constant set of clouds that hover
over the city, but aren’t threatening for the most part. It can be sunny and hot one moment, and then
cloudy and windy the next. This is just like New England weather so I almost feel at
home in a weird sort of way.
Okay.
Topic number two: the locals.
The Irish are so friendly and welcoming, and the people here
will usually go above and beyond the call of duty if you need help.
When I first arrived I had some trouble setting up my phone. I had to go into the local vodafone store three days in a row and yet, by the end of the ordeal,
the employee that helped me turned into a friend.
I really love this country, I truly do.
……
Seriously though, the people are wonderful.
And here's a picture of the moon from Tuesday 22/09/2015.


No comments:
Post a Comment